Employees are invited to attend a “Social Security 101” workshop that will teach attendees the basics regarding benefits related to retirement, disability, Medicare and more.
There are two sessions for employees to choose from on Tuesday, April 23:
East Campus — Meridian Conference Room
11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Children’s Hospital — room 1830
The workshops will be presented by Teresa Campbell, public affairs specialist at the Social Security Administration’s San Bernardino regional office.
- Age of eligibility for retirement benefits
- The future of Social Security
- How to maximize benefits
- The impact of early retirement on benefits
- Qualifications for disability, survivor, or spouse benefits
- When to file for Medicare
Attendees are invited to create a My Social Security account and print out their Social Security statement prior to attending.